Walk amidst beautiful scenery in the footsteps of Eve, from who it is suggested that all human life – well before the emergence of Homo sapiens – is thought to have descended. Experience what it was like to be governed by the sun, the stars, and the tides of the sea? Spend the days without your watch and live life at natures pace to replenish your soul.
Eve’s Trail is a 2.5 day, 33km wilderness hike in the West Coast National Park. The trail route follows existing paths connecting Duinepos in the interior of the Park with the Atlantic Ocean, Langebaan Lagoon and Seeberg, the highest point in the Park. It is made up of 3 legs connected through a series of marvellous West Coast style meals and short transfers. Guests are accommodated for two nights at the 3 star Duinepos Chalets or in comfortable lodgings adjoining the Park.
The first leg on Day 1 is a gentle walk from Duinepos to the Fossil Dunes. The second leg on Day 2 is a 16km circular route from Geelbek toward 16 mile beach via Abrahamskraal. The third leg on Day 3 is a 13km hike along the eastern shore of Langebaan Lagoon and up to Seeberg, the highest point in the Park.
The map provides an overview of the trail but is not 100% accurate.
Trails are led by one or more guides who know the route and safeguard guests and natural and cultural heritage embedded in the landscape.
View Eve’s Trail in a larger map
The following itinerary may change to suit customized requests, seasonally or due to circumstances beyond our control.
• 14h00 – Guide welcomes clients at Duinepos Chalets inside the West Coast National Park where clients will be based at Duinepos for the following few nights.
• Guide takes clients on a gentle sundowner stroll to the moving dunes and back.
• Followed by a relaxing afternoon until dinner at 19hoo at the Boma.
• Breakfast at the Boma at around 07h30.
• Commence hike towards Geelbek and continue walk toward the ocean via Abrahamskraal and back to Duinepost for a snack on route.
• On return to accommodation site, a delicious lunch prepared by local caterers, will be served.
• After lunch clients enjoy a leisurely afternoon until 19h00.
• 19h00 we get together at the Boma to enjoy a nice West Coast braai.
• 07h30 start to the day with breakfast at the Boma
• Commence with a stroll to visit the Geelbek information centre to see the replica of Eve’s footprints, before embarking on Eve’s route.
• Follow the Eastern shore Langebaan lagoon past the old Bottlery Farmstead and down to the waters’ edge.
• Follow the lagoon shoreline before turning inland to climb to the highest point in the Park “Seeberg”.
• Transfer back to Duinepos for lunch.
• End of Trail and check out (15h00)
Customized trails: On request
Set Date Trails: The set date trail itinerary and price may be subject to change due to circumstances beyond our control. Terms and conditions apply.
The price includes a CWCBR guide/host, shared accommodation in 3 star guesthouses, meals (1 dinners, 1 breakfasts, 2 lunches), and all transfers mentioned in the itinerary. The price excludes the travel from your home to Duinepos and back, drinks, local product purchases, telecommunications, laundry and any other activities not referred to in the itinerary. Please bring your own drinks and snacks.